The greatest display of God's love unfolded as his one and only son left heaven to become a man. Born of a virgin 2000 years ago, the lord Jesus Christ lived with his creation. He was unable to sin, yet he showed compassion to sinners all around him. Men hated Jesus because his holiness exposed their sinfulness. The religious decided to remove Jesus by crucifying him. He was beaten and his flesh torn from his body. He willingly allowed them to nail Him to a cross of wood outside Jerusalem. The Bible tells us that for three hours God covered the earth with darkness and laid on His son the full punishment we deserve for our sin. The darkness was broken when Jesus called out with a loud voice, "It is finished!" Jesus had accomplished the mighty work, God's great plan of salvation.
After three days in death, Jesus rose from the dead. He was victorious over death itself - the ultimate consequence for our sin.
You're never too far from God, He loves you so much. It doesn't matter what you've done or what someone may have said to condemn you. Jesus saw you at your very worst and took your sins to the cross to be crucified with Him.
"How do I turn from this sin, what can I do to be saved?" It's really simple actually, here's what you need to do...
1. Admit you are a sinner.
2. Be willing to turn from sin.
3. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Lord and Saviour.
Here's what to pray:
"Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus shed his blood and died for my sin on that cross and rose from the dead. Come into my life and my heart as my personal Saviour and transform me from the inside out. From this day forward I will serve you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!"
"Cool, I'm saved...now what?" Here's what you should do:
1. Get a Bible and read it daily to get to know God better.
2. Talk to God in prayer everyday.
3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
4. Tell others about Jesus and what He has done in your life!
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know that you have accepted Jesus into your life so I can pray for you and keep in contact if you need anything. Get stoked, God is good!